Thursday, March 04, 2010



I remembered sometime ago, a white boy came to me and said, "Yo G, play some BLACK music..... real BLACK music!" - my name not G, my name is R-er.........

KNN. Black music??!! Music got colour meh? I am already confused with all these genres and come a this farker ask me music with colour. A close friend of mine tried to enlighten me saying that the guy was referring to Hip Hop. And again, Hip Hop is Black music?? Why?? Because it started with Black people (in this context it refers to African American)? Why not Motown, Soul, Funk, House, Merengue, Bachata, Techno?? Yup, all those music was pioneered by 'Black' people.... and maybe many more. So, was I wrong when I played Techno or HOUSE after that 'Wigger' ask for 'BLACK' music.

Sometimes, from where I come from 'BLACK' music means something else. It has got something to do with decapitating your veins......... If someone ask for 'RED' music, does it mean songs about anger? embarrassment, or passion? or maybe about Lunar New Year?? Maybe Hari Raya is 'GREEN' music........

No comments: