Tuesday, March 09, 2010



Recently, I had dinner at a fancy Japanese restaurant. Fancy meaning, the food served is minimal, mostly uncooked, decorated with toxins and over-charged. If you're wondering why I landed in such a place, it wasn't me. Someone who wanted to impress us and our group of friends, suggested the place. As much as I thought it was unnecessary, we did politely obliged to see and experience idiocrisy.

Anyway, some of the food served was ........ raw beef from a secluded-distant town in Japan, where the cows are 'organic' and 'special'. Nobody explained to us in what way was the cow 'special'. Maybe the cow was able to do sommersaults and jumped over the moon. For all I know, it tastes the same....... just like raw human meat. Someone in our group mentioned that the meat taste sweeter and has a tinch of sourness. If it's raw, and someone were to sprinkle a dash of sugar spice, wouldn't it taste sweet?? and the sourness..... maybe some lime because its raw meat...??!

Another fancy serving was the whale meat. It was dark and looked weird. This time, I had to pushed it away. As much as I was coaxed into trying it, I HAD to let it go. Accept it, I'm not really a COOL person. I don't take whale meat, shark's fin or goat's penis soup, nor snake blood wine. The fact is, I'm against whale-killing. I'll think again about the shark's fin soup. If I was in the sea, I know the shark won't think twice about eating me..... so, I might have shark's fin sometime in the near future. But whale.....?? Sorry, NO. And, I'm sorry if anyone can't respect my believes. I don't eat pork, does that mean you gonna ask me to TRY some?

Anyway, I enjoyed the whole experience. I had my other-half with me, so it's cool. Maybe someday, the Japanese will have more fancy dishes like baby's feet or Nanny's tits. That would really be fancy-fool!

Fancy food?

No comments: