Monday, April 26, 2010

Few days ago, while I was jammin' on my 'new toys'...... a guy came up to me and started to preach about what DJ-ing is about and how to be good at. He noticed I was 'toying' with the Reloop Digital Jockey controller and claims that it will not help me get anywhere, or feel the 'real thing'. WTF?! What 'real thing'....?? Anything that is real is already safely tucked in my pants....... asshole!!

SGD$800, why not?

This asshole claims that to be a better DJ, I should start playing with real equipments like the CDJ2000s and DJM800s. Seeing me using the Traktor Pro software, he said I should 'convert' to Serato 2.0 as it is 'more stable'... Apparently, he thinks that my 15" Macbook Pro is too big and its a waste of space in the console.



I think this guy got problem with me, no?

For the sake of mankind, I did not debate him nor I disagree with anything he has to say. I spent too much time with such personalities before, hence, I restraint myself from any unnecessary humiliation on his part. If I had to, maybe I would say things like...... errr.......


this mixer for SGD$780, why not?

1. those equipments have no brains, the operator does. It is not gonna teach you to be better, you have to do it yourself. Unless, your brains are in between your balls.

2. no disrespect to Pioneer DJ gears, they are the preferred choice. But I would not want to spend $6k when I can pay $800 and still produce the same effect.

3. "If you use high-end gears, you can get somewhere"...... get where?? If I wanna go anywhere, I'll use my VISA card. In fact, with the Cirle line up, I can use my EZLink card and get anywhere....

4. "the real-thing"..... CDJs? Wanna talk about vinyls, asshole?

5. He thinks Serato is better that Traktor Pro....... because of the sample function and 3-deck capability. That's all....??! Traktor Pro is not better coz it has too many FX, 4-deck capability and many more choices??


What I should say is....... all DJs have different techniques and preferences. If it works, nobody should say if it's wrong or right. Equipments are no difference, some with better financial abilities would splurge on the high-end stuffs. Others, would just make use of what is available. In other words, Can means Can. If you have the skills, anything can work. If you don't, just put iPod and act....... I would also have my preferred set of equipments, but sometimes, isn't it cool to be able to conquer new products and impress people with your abilities? I may not be a DJ, but I sure know how to play like one.



Btw, no need to debate about what kinda output frequency or who has higher frequencies db output levels..... if you're using Mackie SRM450s as your speakers, non of your 'high-end' DJ equipments will make you sound like you're using Kudo, V-Dosch or the GSA systems...... period!!

No comments: