Sunday, March 25, 2007


Its amazing how irritating some fellow locals can be when they are in public. today was one of those 'special' days that I have to encounter such incident.

I was doing my weekly shopping at Cold Storage -Great World City. Being sunday, the place was packed and all the checkout counters had long queues. It was also quite unusual coz the place was swarmed with kids and auntys and grandparents..... (Great World City is usually has its normal clientele of singles and couples from nearby apartments). To be frank, it looks like Hougang Mall or Chinatown Point!

Anyway, back to my rant......

Seeing so many people and the long queues, I decide to get only some important stuff so as I don't have to get stuck in the long queue and hobble along with all the groceries. with my 5 items that i had picked, I joined the 'Express' counter where it says..... '6 ITEMS OR LESS'. in front of me, I had a guy with a trolley. In it, there were at least 10 items, and a little girl sitting in it. hmm..?? I thought it was '6 ITEMS OR LESS'.... nevermind maybe I was wrong.

When they got to the cashier, he took out all the items for payment, and true, there were 14 items!

the cashier said, "Sir, this lane is express, 6 items of less."
man : I know but my daughter had put all these things.... anyway, I'm already here, just go la...

seconds later... wife came and put more things.

cashier : Sir, this is Express lane....
man: just shut up and go la... if talk less it will be faster. technically, its still ok. 6 Items or less. altogether 20 items, there's 3 of us..... that means we can take 18 items, just exceed by 2.....
cashier:???

Goodness!! how ignorant some people can be??!! so where's the Courteousy in it that have been planted by the Government since in the early 80s? Technically he's right?? damn it!! the whole situation is wrong!! This country is fast becoming a city of 'cheats'!! We've got cheated by donating to the NKF, we got cheated for donating to TAA (Hari Raya Charity Fund).... now I got cheated for queueing in an express' lane, and the cashier got 'cheated' for not being 'technically' mindful of the regulations....???! damn!

speaking of being cheated, last night I got cheated out of my mee hoon goreng. ordered MEE HOON takeaway, shen i opened the package, it was NASI GORENG... no egg some more! next time becareful when you eat at the mama shop at Md Sultan Rd. always wrong order!!

The moral of the story is ......... it is OK if you're born an IDIOT, or 'BLUR'... but its more sinful to 'act blur', act like in idiot, act stupid when you're not. GOD says, "IDIOTS ARE FORGIVEN; ACT LIKE ONE, BURN IN HELL!"

No comments: