Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Last night I fell asleep whille pondering about the 'new' and up-coming clubs.... yes, I'm talking about LifeBrandz babies of KandiBar, FBar (FashionBar), BICE, The Clinic & Aurum and my favourite - BarFly.....

It all stated there as 'New concept', 'out-of-the-box', 'avant-garde', 'ground-breaking'........... hmmm..... I think it refers to all things happening in Singapore... Yes, I think its new to Singapore but not in other parts of the world. All these entertainment brands have been around for awhile and are well-known in the western countries. and now they have arrive on our shores, promoting new cultures and choices in entertainment... not forgetting on putting a hard-stamp on status levels and society standards. Interesting!!..... but, is it really new...?? I beg to differ.....

The rich, the beautiful, the creative, the Bengs & Mats, the Cool, the wannabe Cool, the wannabe Rich, the trying-to-look-Beautiful (at least they think they are...), the models, the 'models'-who-think-they-are-models, etc....... (if you notice, they are no 'the-poor-people' status.... it doesn't exist in Singapore) .... all these groups of people will be saturated.... and I think, Singaporeans like this alot..... so much for One People, One Nation, One .......? hah!

On another note..... some of the clubs market it's entertainment as 'live' DJ sets... I'm beginning to wonder what is a 'live' DJ set?.... a 'live' DJ? DJ playing on turntables and CD/MP3 players?, a DJ who actually play on these things....? a DJ who's playing on accesories, every night...? - just like DJ Shadow.... or is it just a DJ who's alive and capable. nevertheless, I'm sure its gonna be interesting.

I wonder if any of these outlets would offer me a slot someday.... don't worry whether I'm good or not, just worry that I'm a Malay dude playing Deep/NuHouse, BrokenBeats and Downtempo... - sorry I can't play Reggeaton.... ;)

One People, One Nation, .....err.... One for Money, Two for the show, Three get ready, and pay some more!!

damn!!... need my medication now.... need my Ben & Jerry's ice cream NOW!!!!

No comments: