Wednesday, February 17, 2010


So, last I heard, a couple of friends lost their residency coz the club they worked for decide to go with foreign DJs. Seriously, I don't know whether it's good or not. Personally, nothing wrong with DJs from China or Phillipines or Vietnam. I'm all for the Asian jocks, or anybody that does the job well. Don't know who to blame..... the local jocks or the club operators. I'm sure it has everything to do with operating costs and not music or attitudes, or personalities. However, if this is gonna be the trend, that's gonna be pretty bad for the local DJ culture. Operators will determine what equipments to use and how to use instead of the DJs themselves. For all you know, they would just ask the DJs to use iPods (if they wanna keep their jobs.)

To my friends who have lost their jobs...... hold your heads up. Maybe you can start learning how to DJ with iPods and iPhones. I've decide to leave this trade and make way for new DJs....... especially those with small ears and big mouths.

No comments: