Tuesday, February 02, 2010



Aite..... I know many have already seen this vidz from my FB. Anyway, I'm putting it up in this blog for a different purpose and for those who can't access my FB page. Btw, I've got consent from this kid's family to use their video....... so, if this kid belongs to someone you know, don't bother about bringing up any 'copyright issue'. I've settled my dues with the family and IPOS. (Now that you know what IPOS is, go read what's all the fuss about.....)

Issues aside, the reason why I'm posting this, is to proof to some idiots that HOUSE music is not boring and it is danceable. To those who think that HOUSE music has no rhythm or melody, you just got shamed by this little kid. It's all about what you feel inside. If you can't groove to any music, you just don't have it in you. It's OK if you don't like HOUSE music...... as long as you stay away from places that only plays HOUSE. But again, IDIOTS are not called IDIOTS for no reason. Just look the post about 'night-out at Stereolab'. Those idiots that took the guest DJ's drinks would definitely go as crazy and idiotic, even if the club was playing RnB & Hip Hop. I'm sure they were not there because of the music....... it's the white boys. They were hoping for a 'better future'.

In fact, I was told that HipHop DJs have the same problem as the HOUSE DJs. In one of the HipHop clubs in Mohd Sultan, where the music policy is RnB and HipHop, there are people who would actually ask for Tektonik....... (I just learnt what 'TEKTONIK' music is. Back then, I think we called it Euro-Dance - remember when Boat Quay use to promote these music?)



First of all, I don't see any resemblence in style, dance or 'soulfulness' between HipHop, RnB and Tektonik. So, how come people ask these kind of music in HipHop clubs?? While looking for answers in Youtube, I found clips of the song above. Apparently, they like singing along to the song....... just like Retro. Then, at some part of the song, they'll shout the names of Housing estates. Not sure if they are so proud of their GRC or it's part of community-togetherness. I wonder what if they play during National Day, would they go like....... "Yo-ah-yo, Xing Xia Poh..... Ah-ah, Singapura....!!" (but, must play same song ah.)

In fact, if these people can be as passionate about their housing estate during S-League games, New Paper need not have to give reasons why WE should watch and support S-League.

1. Better Foreigners? (have they heard of ASIA BAGUS....?)
2. French-flair? (I prefer French-Kiss)
3. Eye-catching jerseys...???? (err.. you mean costumes?)
4. Hunks galore? (are they promoting Gay-culture since majority who watch are guys..)
5. Wonderkid from 2006? ( since it is now 2010, is he still a kid?)
6. Cheap and Good? (curry puff at $2 is not cheap, if it has no egg and meat.... it's not good!)
7. Freebies..? (free-entry to games?? I don't think so.)
8. Jalan Besar to South Africa?? (I can't go watch S-League in Africa, gotta work tmw....)
9. Close title race..... (what race...? the only race is at Kranji.)
10. Weekly coverage from football paper....??? (Weekly?? 4D results got better coverage)

No comments: