Monday, December 04, 2006

I was reading Yukun's blog last night (yukun.blogspot.com) about the "Lousy Night" report.... and realise how pathetic people can be with regards to supporting the local talents, and the whole local club scene......

..... to be frank, I was one of those people who get excited when Roger Sanchez, DJ Gregory, Bob Sinclair, martin Solveig and Lil' Louie Vega comes to town. I'm a big fan of their music and that's what I dig. Unfortunately, there have been a few times when I realise that they are just another DJ who got bloody famous..... I watched Martin Solveig at Zoukout last year and thought that he was the ultimate crap!!! he played a 10-minute version of 'Rocking Music' and mix it with Blur's 'Song 2'...??!! and the crowd screamed their balls out coz the SONG IS FAMILIAR and it played in class 95!! goodness.....!!! when we were playing these stuff, some of the local 'big boys' called us cheesy shit, commercial crap.... yet, they let this happen at Zoukout, in the Velvet tent..???

This is what I think.... put a foreign DJ and local DJ, playing an exact same playlist.... chances are the local DJ is crap but the foreign DJ scores.

You know wat..... some day, I'm gonna do a 1-hr non-stop cd and put an ang moh girl behind the console...... I bet she gonna be famous next day....!!

did anybody know that Paul Van Dyk played a non-stop cd when he was in S'pore...?? and the non-stop cd was done DJ Benjamin???!!! Suckers!!!

when I played during Tektile's house nights, people think my music is crap, un-danceable...... some were even asking to change to RnB..???!!! WTF??!! that same group of people actually went up to MoS BKK in 2003 and watched me played warm-up set for Pete Heller..... back then, they said...."dude, the music is awesome!!"..... hypocrisy doesn't work with me, man....!!

listen, Guys!! we need to support our local jocks.... hell with me, aight!! don't support me.... my music sucks..... at least support the rest of them. we've got awesome talents in Yukun, Benjamin, P@t, Sebastian, Vibrators... erm, sorry, Vibesetters..... and lots more. Better still, support Frontal if u want... but it has to start now!!!

coming soon.......eM Studio @ Gallert Hotel (Home of the local EDM)......
Africa Unite...(Robert Marley)

in the meantime, while u are still thinking whether to support or not... here's something to ponder.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dj Benjamin == Paul Van Dyk?? woooh.. Sssshhh.. dun tell so many people leh... kekeke...

ICT now.. Sianz X 20!