Monday, May 19, 2008

THE END IS NEAR.........(this will be a boring post to read.......)



As days go by, I feel that I'm reaching the end of the road. I can't lie anymore. I'm not excited as I used to be, or maybe, I'm just tired of normalities and normalities are just not my cup-of-tea. Ideas are becoming very stagnant, and we are not as creative and enterprising as how we think we are. I have fought for everything we deserve, and shared with everything I have. Unfortunately, appreciation is not a part of our society.

Recently, I had dinner with a bunch of friends. Respected people in the nightlife industry. People who does all the work, brains behind the concepts and people who moved the scene. No, I'm not referring to Ong Beng Seng, Dennis Foo, Clement, Bernard or all other operators or owners. They are just figures with the moolah. I'm talking about the guys who runs the show, people on the ground........ I'm quite flattered that they all think that I'm one of them, people who determine the success of nightlife in a year or two. Unfortunately, all agreed that I don't have that much influence anymore and have been in one place for far too long. In summary, one of them said, "You stay you win; you leave, also you win...." - whatever it means.........

I'm beginning to feel that I don't need to be where I am anymore. Seems that everyone has their own bloody idea of what's right, and even if its wrong, they'll just think of a way to make it 'right'. Sometimes we need to get out of the bucket and look at what is going on in the city, not just our statement of accounts. To be able to re-define and re-invent ourselves would be the ultimate challenge, yet nothing is impossible to achieve.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter anymore whether I'm still there or not. One person can't make the difference, but it would be a great difference having an EXTRA person.

dbl O will be celebrating its 8th anniversary this Friday, while O Bar (the place where I started) will celebrate 10 years of operations. By right, this would be my final curtain call. The future of dbl O looks very exciting and prosperous. I believe, with the right people, knowledge and mindset, it will do well, internationally.

One last party......... I'll make my presence felt as how you people would remember me.

4 comments:

Adminstrator said...

some people make great drinks, some people make great clubs... some make neither... some make neither but think they do (now that's the sad one).

oooh... profound but i ain't implying anything in particular. just stating how some things are.

[whistles WINDS OF CHANGE riff]

All the best... wherever you lay your hat!

razaq said...

'follow the most one, down to Gorky Park..... whistling to winds of change....'

ej said...

u know i just quit my job of 10 years.apparently having too much knowledge of wot you're doing.. can be a pain in the ass for some people. and they will do anything to make u look like a bigger fool than they already are. then again,as long as the conscience is clear, i think i am still the winner.

and you are too mister. take care.

Adminstrator said...

*yukun has gone below the radar for good*