Thursday, May 15, 2008


This is latest coming from oven.......

A particular brand that quite a number of DJs brag about as the 'industry standard', has just fucked the biggest local DJ competition. The grand finals is just 1 month away, finalist selected, venue confirmed, but no title sponsor!! SCREWED! So much for 'industry standards'.....

Anyway, guess who came in and saved the day?? Coming in with better prizes, better opportunities and exposure for the winner.... (sorry to disappoint all of you) yes, its now called Denon Juice DJ Quest. The winner will walk away with a FULL DJ CONSOLE worth $8000!! Last time winner get what? Only 1 CD player?!! That's all?!

I'm glad to say that I'm not judging the competition, but I've been asked to conduct training sessions for the 4 finalist. They've got some credible judges, but 1 of them I don't know. People in the scene would know who I'm talking about........ he/she can't even manage the Serato or operate the MacBook, yet...... nevermind, its not my problem. My job is done.

Just got an sms from 2 of them. They not happy to be playing on Denons coz it might take away their chances of winning the competition. Once again, I say........"can means can....." - Its just a CD player. No big deal. Go watch YouTube (Denon DJ Asian)..... maybe they'll have some idea.

For all you know, next year Pioneer may just come back to JUICE and take back the title sponsor. If it happens, Denon is fucked. That's what its all about, "FUCK OR BE FUCKED!" But one thing for sure, the winner gets to represent Denon DJ, travel to many countries, play in international venues where you don't have to beg for, and gets treated like a how a champion should be treated. I can vouch for that as I've been endorsing the Denon DJ brand for 4 years.

After some meetings last night, I think the Denon DJ brand will do well this year. (Please say THANK YOU to ..........)

On a different note, congratulations to Yukun for finding back his path and starting a 'new journey'. Its kinda sad that we couldn't play at the Bangkok gig together. He just saved his liver! I hope I'll find my path soon. (The Duke is sad that Yukun not going...... he wanted to shuffle in front of Yukun...hahahahhahahaha)

9 comments:

Les said...

i hope i can!!!! see you at training.

razaq said...

sure can! if cannot, during Grand Finals, I'll wear skirts!!

roy elctrbst chan said...

with high heels and tube-top k!

hey razaq - thanks for the information and insights into the whole thing, definitely sure made me feel better after the (i admit) initial disappointments.

Wtf was pioneer thinking man.

I'll see you guys at training session too yeah!

ej said...

our fate's in ur hand mr. but lets not forget to have fun aye.:)

razaq said...

Guys.... I'll tailor the training sessions towards your sets. That way, you don't hv to change much.

Btw, if I wear tubes and heels, EJ gotta wear the same.....;)

roy elctrbst chan said...

gahhh it won't be the same for her man.

i think for training sessions just keep to a standard set of instructions and we'll just take it from there, it's better.

what say you 2?

Les said...

WHAT THE HELL ROY! "CAN MEANS CAN!!!!"
hahahaha

Roland said...

Dudes, Razaq can definately show you what DENON DJ equipments can do though I do apologise that you gentlemen have only about a month or so to get yourself acquinted with the equipments.
We were approached only last week by Juice and we decided to support the local scene even though "P" may want the competition back next year.
Denon DJ are committed to quality products and putting local DJs on the international map.
Good luck, gentlemen.

razaq said...

don't forget there's 3 gentlemen and Missy EJ........