Friday, January 22, 2010

Gefwen vs Bofwen......

Today, I overheard a couple of young ladies talking (I was eaves-dropping). They were talking about their other friends. I'm sure they were talking about their close friends coz they were citing 'my girlfriends', which means their close friends who are girls. I think it's pretty common for that right?

How come we guys can't do that? We can't call our buddies or homeboys 'boyfriends'?? If we do that, it means we're GAY. It refers to an intimate relationship. Why can't it refers to 'close male friends'? Is there something wrong with the grammar, or any particular structural grammar policy that I don't know about?

Girl to Boyfriend : Baby, I'm meeting my girlfriends tonight. We going for coffee.


(Guys version) : Sweetie, I'm gonna hangout with my boys tonight. U go play with the dildo, k?

Why can't the guy say : Sweetie, I'm meeting my boyfriends tonight...... it's Sunday remember?

No comments: