Saturday, January 16, 2010

(one of) THE GOD-FATHER of HOUSE - FRANKIE KNUCKLES

Nope, that's not Titus. It's Frankie Knuckles on crutches.

During dinner today, I was struck with 'sinus-attack'. Couldn't stop sneezing and the body started to shutdown. Initially, I had planned to visit an old buddy (mentor) Godwin P at Stereolab. The sinus was very bad that I wanted to just go home and snuggle up........ alone. Fortunately, my-other-half talked me into going to Pan Pacific hotel and just say 'Hi'. Why I said 'fortunately'.....? When we got to the lobby, met Godwin and Frankie, who was about to check-in. Yup, Frankie is gig-ing at Stereolab tmw night.

Some of you might be wondering..... "WTF am I so hard-up with Frankie Knuckles?" Well, to cut the story short, Frankie Knuckles to me is like Micheal Jackson to all you mofos. Yup, he's big in my books. Some of you might just brushed aside and say, "So what?? We met him before, hungout or jammed with him before...... bla, bla, bla....." Well, fark off...... Don't I have the right to look-up to someone?? Tis' my shit!! I say and do what I want!!

Anyway, Frankie was very cool when I asked for a photo. He even said something about the "SESAME STREET" tee I was wearing (not sure what it was but it was something like "I dig SESAME STREET...") So, we cuddled up for the photo, Godwin shook his head in disbelief and laughed. WTF, I grew up listening to HOUSE because of Frankie Knuckles. Then, we exchange handshakes and planned to hangout tmw at Stereolab. That means, Frankie in DJ console, me standing outside pretending to be cool. And for the next 2 hours, the sinus was gone and I was freakin' fine!! Could it be the music and sound at Stereolab? Could it be Frankie? or Could it be the lady by my side?

On the way home, the sinus struck again and I'm really feeling achy. Oh boy, gotta take medication......


1 comment:

Sue Fadzil said...

Hmmmm... So I know the remedy now.