Tuesday, February 05, 2008

In a couple of days time, many of you out there will be celebrating the Lunar New Year. With that, I wish all the ardent readers of this blog, GONG XI FA CAI!!

For those who's wondering how it all began, here is a part of the story (myth).

According to legend, in ancient China , the Nián (年) was a man-eating beast from the mountains (in other versions from under the sea), which came out every 12 months somewhere close to winter to prey on humans. The people later believed that the Nián was sensitive to loud noises and the colour red, so they scared it away with explosions, fireworks and the liberal use of the colour red. These customs led to the first New Year celebrations. Guò nián (过年), which means to celebrate the new year, literally means the passover of the Nián.

Apart from that, there are some DO's and DONT's during the new year. For example, you're not suppose to sweep the house on New Year and not to wash your hair. It is believed that by doing so, it'll wash away the good luck from the house and one-self, respectively. It is also a believe and tradition that red is an auspicious colour to bring prosperity and good luck.

Considering Lunar New Year is 2 days away, and Valentines Day is just a week away..... why not sharing the luck all around. Wearing red for luck and getting 'lucky' at the same time.....?? hmmmm..... that seems like an idea??....... somebody gonna get a *$%&..........


For the husbands and boyfriends reading this post...... I just gave you an idea what to get for your partner next week. However, make sure you get to see the "product within the product" ...... its gonna be really sad if your partner wear that lil' sexy thing for somebody else......

Since we're in the topic of Valentine's Day and the gifts....... I remember some time ago, I got a beautiful Tag Heuer Monaco for Valentine's day present. It was classy, beautiful and full of sentiments. Similar to the one below.


Back then, things were rosy, there were love all around and the flowers bloom every morning. Since the watch was so special, I only wore it during special times...... unfortunately, it was interpreted that I hate the watch, that's why I only wore it twice in 3 months. (never under-estimate the women's mind, they can read what's in your brain and its always the opposite) Eventually the flowers didn't bloom every morning, its wasn't sunny every Sunday and the Rose was full of thorns. We went our separate ways and so is the Tag. Technically, I lost custody of the Tag Heuer due to 'improper parental guidance' - whatever it means........

I realised that its ok that the Tag was taken back, but sad that the value of a relationship was based on materials of stature. Maybe the watch could have healed the wounds and keep warm during the lonely nights........

Speaking of lonely nights, I know of something that can keep me company during MY lonely nights. How about a new iPhone.....????!!! I could use it to call someone if I get lonely, play games, listen to some music....... or if I'm lost and lonely, I heard that the GPS works really well. With that, can someone be an angel and be a good samaritan....... and get me an iPhone. ;)


In this season of happiness, luck and love, spread the love and share your luck and happiness...... and buy me an iPhone........... please. Got bonus already, right??!!

If anyone get me the iPhone, I promise to share with you my new 24k Gold-plated MacBook Pro....... Deal or No Deal...??


Sexy and Beauty lies in the eyes of the be-holder.......... and it has no boundaries!! Red may be the lucky colour this season, but Gold is sultry........ obscenely sexy!!

Do you feel lucky to be loved; or love being lucky.........

No comments: