Friday, March 28, 2008

Leadership can be thought of as a capacity to define oneself to others in a way that clarifies and expands a vision of the future.(unless we prefer to glorify our past)

What you always do before you make a decision is consult. The best public policy is made when you are listening to people who are going to be impacted. Then, once policy is determined, you call on them to help you sell it. (they forgot to call me...maybe they lost my number)

In times of change, learners inherit the Earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists (I'm prettily equipped with my feater boas and blonde wig)

Whoever is providing leadership needs to be as fresh and thoughtful and reflective as possible to make the very best fight. (making the best fight, doesn't mean i can win the fight....)

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody. (Everybody means somebody who is a nobody like anybody)

There's nothing more demoralizing than a leader who can't clearly articulate why we're doing what we're doing. (this is so funny especially if u can't pronounce it properly, but it can be irritating if u try saying it with Style & Passion)


Pity the leader caught between unloving critics and uncritical lovers. (no need to pity, it was never sincere in the first place)

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ( I rest my case.......)

When leaders take back power, when they act as heroes and saviors, they end up exhausted, overwhelmed, and deeply stressed. (the right word is BURNED-OUT, it look something like ME)

The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say "I." And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say "I." They don't think "I." They think "we"; they think "team." They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but "we" gets the credit. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done. (I'm tired of explaining ......)

A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be. (sometimes people take the leader to where he don't want to go, and end up getting everyone SCREWED......literally!)

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention. (I'm beyond confused.....my mind is FUCKED!)

The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why. ("how leh...?" and "when go Kalaoke ar?") - ('what the fuck!' and 'why me?!')

There's more where it came from...... but I just can be bothered...... "if art is a crime, may God forgive me.

Not convince? Bring me to your leader, NOW!!

1 comment:

Adminstrator said...

summarize...

"living in a box... living in a cardboard box"