Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recently, I met with some very interesting people. Came up to me and introduce themselves as 'international DJs'. Obviously, they are locals with a very distinct accent. Claims that they just returned from Australia after playing in numerous clubs for the past 3 years. They were kind enough to offer me their services which come with their vast experiences of playing overseas. Not only that, they had lots to say about other local DJs, the music, how the clubs are manage or how it should be. During the conversation, I had questions running thru my mind, which I didn't even bother asking, as I realized that people would say anything to undermine anybody else. The truth is... they did it to themselves.

To these people........ I can't be the least bothered who you are, where you've played, with whom, or what you think of how I'm running my game. And if you think that you're any better than any of us..... why not go back to Australia and keep doing what you were doing..... if its even true. If you're soooooooo good, how come you're looking for gigs or jobs here?? Anybody can call themselves 'internatinal DJ', 'international ass-holes', or whatsoever...... Its not my problem, its not my shit, its not my ache......

There's only a few whom I know who would survive the international circuit..... in fact, I'm not sure if I can say the same for myself. (Btw, playing in Ipoh doesn't mean you're 'international DJ'). As far as I'm concern.... only Aldrin, Yukun, Small, Ian Kane, Has and Ollie Dez are the only international DJs we have on the island. They are the only people who always have bags of tricks, knowledge, charisma and experience to stand along the other international talents. Never under-estimate the world if the furthest you've been to is your momma's bedroom. You are most welcome to brag about your overseas gig to anybody you want...... cook up stories, enhance the experiences to your friends....... bla, bla, bla. The fact is you know it yourself that deep down , you're just hunger for the recognition without even wanting to work for it. "JUST BECAUSE WE'RE WEARING THE SAME AIR JORDANS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUMP AS HIGH AS ME......"

There is nothing wrong with being humble, nothing wrong not knowing much, nothing wrong with lacking in experience, nothing wrong with being ugly, nothing wrong at all. In time, with hard work and good attitude, we'll all be the same. If you think you're good...... there's always someone better.

If you really wanna play overseas....... I've got vacancy in Sentosa. Bring it on, bitch! (hahahahah)

No comments: