Tuesday, December 25, 2007


Alritey........ someone need to enlighten me with something here.......

What the freakin' deal with people so excited with the X'mas countdown..... its great to see people from all walks of life and race, coming together and do the countdown. But what's the significance of it.......?? Countdown to X'mas..??!! 3, 2, 1, MERRY X'MAS.....!!!!! and play X'mas song?? Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer?? Dreaming of a White X'mas...??!! We're in Singappore... where got White X'mas??!!

Next time I do Deepavali countdown, then play Muneru-Valiba..... see you all happy or not!!

Then, after the countdown and all, you see people hugging each other, going around trying to pass the body sweat/odour to some stranger. I thought these things are only for the New Year?? I don't understand why some people are so kan-chiong to keep asking me "WHO'S DOING COUNTDOWN??"....... whoever la. Whats the big deal??!

As far as I remember, isn't X'mas is a religious thing? Celebrating the birth of Christ or something.....?? How come people celebrate it with alcohol, popping champagne, getting drunk..... and I mean pissed drunk, and irritate the hell out of me. The unlucky ones may ended up in brawls and fights, which could get fatal.

And what's the deal with people spraying the confetti balloons on other people along Orchard Road??!! Streets jammed, filled with rubbish, and kids making noise blowing horns for no reason.

Don't get me wrong. I've got nothing against X'mas. But I think people forgot the purpose of this day. The reason to rejoice and ponder has lost its meaning. Lucky enough, we don't need to do Deepavali countdown, Hari Raya countdown and Vesak day countdown. I was told some places did the Chinese New Year countdown!!!! Goodness!!

I am really not looking forward to the NYE party...... There's something that I haven't do for the past 15years.... a quite NYE with love ones..... its a job hazard. I'm beginning to hate this.

6 comments:

Adminstrator said...

How about countdown for Labour Day, Pay Day, Children's Day, Father's Day, Teacher's Day, Mother's Day, Leap Year, Vesak Day, 911 Anniversary...

Xmas is pointless. It's been a pointless one this year anyway.

Staff party? I rather have a six-pack and watch a movie. Really dun see a point to a lot of things... lately.

razaq said...

To a certain extend I share the same sentiments. Everything is pointless, going to work is pointless, getting pay is pointless, pleasing people is pointless, living here is pointless, being pointed and pointing others is pointless. Thats why we live in a pointless society listening to Pointed Sisters.

Adminstrator said...

Pointed Sisters... ahahaha...

Give me TWISTED SISTER... glam and tacky hair rock. wahahaha...

onward to more DVD Rips!

Benesia said...

Deepavali countdown? Dude, I have it in my area leh, even the minister came down (cannot complaint), make hell lot of noise plus those cheapo fire works... "Indians" gettin drunk, fighting, pissing all over the place, its a jungle here I'm staying..
I hate Deepavali.. ;(

Anyways, something is missing for me this Christmas.. I dun have the chance to show you my dancin elmo... ;P

Hope 2008 will have the chance..

Cheers ;)

PS: Coastes mix, is this wht they call regga? (Dun laugh lah, I dun know how to tell the difference lah) Anyway, it is cool and relaxing...

Adminstrator said...

I dun think you better show any dancing. period. later punters comment again... i also paiseh to answer. wahahahahaha!

Les said...

coz drinking alcohol is not a considered a sin.

yeah x'mas countdowns are stupid, i find those carolers fucking annoying.