Monday, January 21, 2008

Just came back from a weekend road trip with some of my mates for a Sunday getaway. Had some fun and a few good laughs, watching the bunch of us getting crazy and stupid. During this trip, I met a few good people, strangers..... whose actions made me think of what's life's worth and its reasons. Actions which was deemed a taboo not long ago, but in the current state of life we're in....... it seemed normal. Actions which has ruined many a happy life, actions which will always be regretted, actions which we sane people call.......... ADULTERY.

Adultery - voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse. (taken from Websters dictionary)


In some religion, adultery is the capital sin where the punishment is death by stoning. In United States, adultery varies from state to state, where in Pennsylvania, it is technically punishable by 2 years of imprisonment, Maryland, fined for $10....... However, in most European countries, they don't criminally punish acts of adultery.

We have heard countless times, stories of people going to the streets of Geylang, Batam, Tanjung Pinang or Bangkok, to get their 'fix'. What actually drove them to such acts? .......... Uncontrollable desires? inferior complex? Cheap thrill? Just for 'fun'.......??Some really made the effort to spend time and money to travel a distance, without realising that the effort is better off reserved for the loved ones. Apart from that, the consequences of getting caught or guilt will only come to mind when everything is over.

Take the men that goes to neighbour island, Batam, for the action. Maybe not all are married men, in fact, some are single, desired men. But why and what are the reasons? There will always be 2 sides of the story in every situation. There will always be a reason for an action. Same goes here.

Married men goes to Batam mostly for the action that they seldom or never get at home from their wives (or at least thats what they claim). How about single men? Well, here are some reasons why single unmarried man go to Batam.

1. Everything is cheap there.
2. I can't get a girlfriend here.
3. Girls here think I'm fat and ugly.
4. The girls there 'do everything', even cleaning after your meal.
5. No strings attached, more like a 'hit and run'........
6. My mom asked me to go buy fish keropok and chilli soy sauce (chilli kicap)

I would have my response to all the reasons above........ but I would also have my own reasons if I ever need one. Something like........

1. I miss the seafood...... oysters, clams, gong-gong??
2. I can act like a rich man holding on to stacks of notes.
3. Cigarettes are cheap..... (its cheap everywhere in the world except Singapore)
4. You can make fun of the girls and they'll laugh with you.
5. No strings attached (I thought they use rubber not strings? - you mean they use strings?)
6. My mom asked me to order curtains.

I have a friend who use to tell his wife that he went fishing in Batam......... later on I found out that its a code word for 'hooking'....... apparently, I looked stupid for not knowing the 'code' word.

Whatever it is, someone will always come out with the most obvious reasons just to get a chance of the 'fun' there or any other place available for such a activities we call 'rendezvous'. Come to think of it....... why don't they have a place for married women? In fact, I think the women have better tastes than men. They don't need to go cheap dodgy places. For the women, its always the satisfaction and comfort of the person their with. I think that is the only reason for women who commit adultery.

I am so tempted to write more, unfortunately, this topic is something that I have yet to experience.

1 comment:

Adminstrator said...

Cigarettes are equally expensive in Hong Kong... almost on par with $ingaBore.