Friday, April 04, 2008


The following is an incident I encountered sometime ago while I was on a flight back to Singapore on SQ...... after telling some friends about it, they agreed that such thing do happen. Not trying to demean our "Singapore Girls"... but you'd agree that the standards have fallen substantially. Nevertheless, I will still fly SQ whenever I travel.

It was on a flight from Narita to Singapore. After an hour on board, they were ready to serve dinner. Remembered that they were serving 'Rice and Cod something' or 'Beef and pasta or noodle something'......... and the conversation goes like.....

Stewardess : Hi Sir, would you like beef or cod?
Me: errmmm.... (trying to decide quickly..)

Stewardess : We're serving beef or cod, which would you like, sir?

Me : err..... ok. Can i have the fish, please?

Stewardess : Sorry, sir only beef or cod.

Me : Yeah, can I have the fish?

Stewardess : Sorry sir, we only have beef or cod.... no fish.

Me : Huh??! yeah, I want the fish?


(by now, a Caucasian couple sitting in front heard our conversation, turn back look at me, then the stewardess, then they started sniggering....)


Me : ok..... can I not have the beef?

Stewardess : Beef for you?

Me : No, the other one.


(by now, her colleague passed by and whispered something to her...)

Stewardess : Sorry sir, here's your fish and enjoy your dinner!

(after that, none of the in-flight staff wanted to smile at me anymore....)

Was it my fault that I wanted the fish..... or..... preferring fish than cod...????

3 comments:

Faz said...

It's not your fault, lah. Some of these girls are damn young lah, and the bimbo factor quite high on the scale. Altho now there are lots more holding a degree. Just like an ex-colleague of mine who offered freebies to all the pax and gave a comb to a monk. She walked away smiling leaving the monk blinking in wonder probably thinking wat to do with the comb.

razaq said...

that's what I call 'classic' SQ girls.. obviously, they are still better than Air Lankan, SwissAir, and many others. Nowadays, bimbos are still better than nothing.

Timo! said...

hey bro! tim here:)